Friday, March 4, 2011

Fillers for eye area

It's been a while since I've posted a medical blog.My cosmetic,medical, and personal postings are all entwined in this blog that it's almost impossible to separate them anymore. Anyway, patients who reads my blog and visits me tends to be more comfortable as they realized I am like them with humanly problems and stresses.
This posting is one cosmetic. Here I would like to highlight the usage of fillers and accompanied with pre and post procedural photos.
First patient is 45 years old. Bothered with the sunken eye  and decrease is mass over the tear trough area, she decided to get it corrected. 
45 degree angle profile
Frontal profile of pre injection. Sunken look is best assessed from the side, means lateral profile. Treating the eye is the most challenging part for facial augmentation by filers. Inexperience doctors may accidentally inject too superficially or too much would end up resulting a "puffed" look, basically an eye bag due to the loose elasticity of the skin that is unable to support the filler injected, hence gave way.
In this patient I injected  deep with the needle of the syringe touching the skull.
Initial result may not be the permanent as there would be bruises. I encouraged the patient to continually massage the injected area to spread out the bolus of filler.
...10 minutes later.....
Walla!....
Patient 2
25  year old woman came for second opinion as she was told to have eye bag and the only solution is surgery. She came to me for second opinion.
If you look carefully, she doesn't have an eye bag. It's just an illusion created by the narrow emptiness between her lower palpebral fissure and the tear trough hence  casting a shadow creating a eye bag like tired look.
I injected tiny amount to fill up the gap especially on the right eye(patient's right eye)
I would normally under treat the eye area, then prescribe some eye cream for the fine lines as her skin appeared dry.
The filler of my choice in this case in Juvederm ultra.
As Restylane which was the pioneer in non animal source hyaluronic acid(NASHA), I guess I would have to use Juvederm from now onwards.




No comments:

Post a Comment